Since our Learning and Participatory work at Frantic Assembly was temporarily suspended following government guidelines around Covid-19 we have been working on a series of ONLINE WORKSHOPS
From September 2020 we will be offering the following:
Online Devising and Physicality Workshops (aged 14+
This socially distanced, physical theatre workshop is about exploring absence and presence. It is about how we can conjure all of the qualities of touch, embrace and connection without compromising the advised distance needed between performers. Suitable for socially distanced learning and remote/home learning - delivered online by Frantic Assembly Practitioners
2 Hour Workshop £250 + VAT
These sessions introduce the work of Frantic Assembly and explore non-contact movement and devising:
- A thorough warm up, preparing students mentally and physically
- Developing physical skills that explore non-contact movement and ensemble work whilst socially distancing
- Creative tasks that can be done independently and in small groups
- A cool down, reflection and questions
4 Hour Workshop £350 + VAT
These sessions include the above but delve deeper into Frantic's approach to devising and physicality and allow participants to develop their own practical work further:
- Extension on creative task both exploring physical and text-based exercises
- Creative devising tasks and the opportunity to present work and workshop it to develop context and meaning
- Discussion and feedback from our Practitioners on how participants can use and develop their devising work further
Please note: Both workshops can be delivered virtually to either learners at home or socially distancing in the classroom.
These workshops will not contain touch or put any participant in a position contrary to the government health advice.
If you are interested in provisionally booking a workshop for 2021 please first complete our standard booking form with your details and we will get back to you. At present we are unable to confirm any in-school delivery but will review the situation regularly and be in contact ahead of any proposed workshop dates.
We work with over 14,500 young people aged 14+ every year.
Through our engagement with young people in both the UK and internationally our Learn work aims to educate on the Frantic Method, and support the current curriculum, where we are featured on multiple syllabuses as a named practitioner.
Through this work we offer a range of workshop and residencies that support, develop and enhance learning around Physical Theatre and Devising.