Our masterclasses are designed for practitioners, teachers and professional artists wishing to develop their practice.
Bring one of our specialist Frantic Assembly practitioners to work with your group and experience what it is like to be an actor in the rehearsal room.
- Offers participants an insight into how a professional company creates new material
- Provides a bank of skills to take away and use in their own devising work
- Promotes the physical confidence needed for participants to be brave and bold with the material they are making
- Uses production specific exercises from shows like Lovesong, Stockholm, Beautiful Burnout and Othello
- Instructs participants on the various devising processes used by Frantic Assembly when working collaboratively to produce multi-disciplined performance, which will transfer perfectly to their own productions
- Addresses skills required for participants to enhance their abilities in the areas of performance, movement, directing and critical analysis including the opportunity to workshop movement into meaning.
All of our workshops are active explorations of the Frantic method of devising, which is about empowering people to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point. For this reason, our workshops do not explore suggested themes or texts.