We are delighted to be able to offer our NEW Online Schools' Workshops - designed to explore the Frantic Method of devising and physically within a socially distanced framework, allowing students to study and develop skills safely and with confidence.
Online Devising and Physicality Workshops (aged 14+)
This socially distanced, physical theatre workshop is about exploring absence and presence. It is about how we can conjure all of the qualities of touch, embrace and connection without compromising the advised distance needed between performers. Suitable for socially distanced learning in school or remote/home learning - delivered online by Frantic Assembly Practitioners
2 Hour Workshop £250 + VAT
These sessions introduce the work of Frantic Assembly and explore non-contact movement and devising:
- A thorough warm up, preparing students mentally and physically
- Developing physical skills that explore non-contact movement and ensemble work whilst socially distancing
- Creative tasks that can be done independently and in small groups
- A cool down, reflection and questions
4 Hour Workshop £350 + VAT
These sessions include the above but delve deeper into Frantic's approach to devising and physicality and allow participants to develop their own practical work further:
- Extension on creative task both exploring physical and text-based exercises
- Creative devising tasks and the opportunity to present work and workshop it to develop context and meaning
- Discussion and feedback from our Practitioners on how participants can use and develop their devising work further
Please note: Both workshops can be delivered virtually to either learners at home or socially distancing in the classroom.
These workshops will not contain touch or put any participant in a position contrary to the government health advice.
Online Teachers CPD Workshop Course
Our teachers CPD package is an online, streamed home study course that will equip teachers embarking on delivering devising and physical modules in the next academic year. They will provide exercises and tasks exploring socially distanced teaching as well as the virtual classroom. Delivered via four online films you can undertake them at your own pace. Each film is supported by a lesson plan from the workshop.
Please note these can be brought individually and also as a full package. Single workshop are available for 1 month streaming rental and the full four workshop package for 3 month streaming rental.
Workshop 1 - Generating & Selecting Physicality
- Develop ways of approaching and generating physical material.
- Edit, rework and explore ways to use the material through rehearsal and workshop exploration
Workshop 2 - Generating and Selecting Text
- Develop written material using the building blocks and other key strategies from the Frantic Method
Workshop 3 - Articulating & Interpreting
- Explore meaning, story and context in material
- Encourage and develop analytical observation
- Hone selected material into potential performance through workshop
Workshop 4 - Polish & Present
- Approaches to presenting performance under socially distanced conditions
- Approaches to staging
- A guide to working creatively with cameras and recording for performance
Single Workshops (with resources) £50 incl VAT
Full Package (All four workshops with resources) £175 incl VAT
SAVE THE DATE - These packages will be available to purchase online from 24th August. Don't worry, we will remind you nearer the time when booking opens!
Stay connected: We have been busy creating resources around our past productions during lockdown that you can explore here : Frantic Digital
Lots of other resources online around our shows and practice which can be found here: https://www.franticassembly.co.uk/resources
If you have an enquiry about a workshop please contact [email protected]
If you have an enquiry regarding our Ignition programme please contact [email protected]
If you have an enquiry in reference to International work please contact [email protected]
Our Learn and Train work is at the heart of what we do.
The accessibility of the Frantic Method has empowered and inspired people to participate, educate, collaborate and make ground breaking new work. As world leaders in devising and collaborative theatre-making we continually seek to share skills through our Learn and Train programmes.
Whether participants are students, teachers, artists or people of any age, everyone benefits from building skills, confidence, bravery and – ultimately – creativity.
Our commitment to Learn and Train has been liberating the potential of future theatre makers for 25 years and has engaged people from all walks of life. Our programmes are available in the UK and internationally throughout the year.