We are excited to announce our new workshop around our production of Othello. Your students will get to experience the Frantic Method and approaches and exercises that were used in the rehearsals room to make the show. During the workshop they will recreate key moments from Othello and learn how Frantic makes professional theatre work.
- Enables your students to experience what it is like to be an actor in the rehearsal room
- Uncovers the devices and techniques used to in the production of Othello
- Offers your students an insight into how a professional company creates physical material
- Promotes the physical confidence your students need to be brave and bold with the material they are making
- Uses production specific exercises from Othello, instructing students on the various devising processes used by Frantic Assembly when working collaboratively to produce multi-disciplined performances
- Enable students to transfer techniques into their own productions
These workshops are 2, 4 or 6 hours.
All of our workshops are active explorations of the Frantic method of devising, which is about empowering people to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point. For this reason, our workshops do not explore suggested themes or texts, nor do they devise performances for examinations.