A unique opportunity to work with Frantic Assembly to create an original, bespoke devised performance.
Our residencies provide participants with an insight into how Frantic Assembly make new work in the rehearsal room.
In a sustained workshop environment for between 3-5 days, participants will work intensively with two Frantic Assembly practitioners to devise new material, culminating in a public performance, which showcases their hard work and creativity. Engaging and nurturing their imagination, all participants contribute to the development process and perform in the finished piece.
- Work collaboratively as a professional company
- Develop performing and directing skills
- Use physicality to devise stories, create meaning, subtext and characters
- Explore how Frantic Assembly generate text in devised work
- Learn how Frantic Assembly use sound and lighting to enhance storytelling
Our residencies are active explorations of the Frantic method of devising, which is about empowering people to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point. For this reason, our residencies do not explore suggested pre-existing texts, nor do they devise productions outside of a training context.