Every term we run a Public Teacher Training session, this is a practical training day designed for drama teachers working with students aged 12+.
Learn new ideas and tools, which can be applied in the classroom. This is open to all and no previous experience necessary. The training offers the opportunity to learn new physical devising techniques in a socially distanced capacity.
Ignite your passion for teaching drama in our online, two-day practical Teacher Training workshop.
Our next Public Teacher Training Course will take place in Autumn 2021, date and location to be announced soon.
WHAT? Public Teacher Training Course
WHEN? Autumn 2021
WHERE? To be announced soon
HOW MUCH? £150 Full Price / £120 Concession for Trainee Teachers*
*Concession rate is for trainee teachers. Please send a scanned copy of student card or proof of your NQT status to [email protected] when applying.
This highly energetic and creative workshop allows teachers to become students again for the day, introducing Frantic Assembly's unique approach to creating physical material. The course is perfect for teachers working with young people, who wish to extend their knowledge and practice of devising and physical theatre techniques.
- Learn new physical devising techniques using a socially distanced framework.
- Explore how you can create work that conjures all of the qualities of touch, embrace and connection without compromising the advised social distance needed between performers.
- Discover ways of creating choreography for groups of all abilities.
- Build your own physical confidence, ability to take risks, develop your skills and transfer them to your classroom.
- Experience the processes used to create Frantic Assembly's award-winning shows and find out how to develop key skills crucial to the performer/director relationship.
- Learn new and exciting approaches to devising work from a recommended theatre company on Edexcel, IB, WJEC, AQA and OCR exam syllabuses.
We are especially interested in hearing from applicants that are underrepresented in the industry. You can read our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion here.
Applications for the Public Teacher Training Course will be announced soon. Please sign up to the newsletter to get the latest announcements.
This workshop will not explore text or vocal exercises.