A unique opportunity to work with Frantic Assembly to create an original and bespoke, devised performance. Our residencies provide students with an insight into how Frantic Assembly make new work in the rehearsal room.
In a sustained workshop environment for either 3 or 5 days, students will work intensively with two Frantic Assembly practitioners to devise new material, culminating in a public performance, which showcases their hard work and creativity.
Engaging and nurturing your students' imagination, all participants contribute to the development process and perform in the finished piece.
- Work collaboratively as a professional company
- Develop performing and directing skills
- Use physicality to devise stories, create meaning, subtext and characters
- Explore how Frantic Assembly generate text in devised work
- Learn how Frantic Assembly use sound and lighting to enhance storytelling
Our residencies are active explorations of the Frantic method of devising, which is about empowering people to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point. For this reason, our residencies do not explore suggested pre-existing texts, nor do they devise performances for examinations.
Frantic Assembly is a recommended Theatre company on AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC and IB syllabuses and is studied widely at GCSE, BTEC, AS and A-Level as well as undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Creative Residencies are available for students in Year 10 and above only.